Sold Out 2016
Rhizomes are only available for order in the USA. Please check to make sure your State does not have any local restrictions.
Alpha 10-12% Medium pleasant aroma, excellent for bittering. Comparable to Nugget, Cluster, Chinook.
Hops are hardy in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 3 through 8.
Galena Hop Rhizome
Bred from Brewer's Gold by open pollination. Excellent high alpha acid hop with balanced bittering profiles paired with acceptable hop aroma. Very bitter, but blends well with finishing hops .Developed by the USDA breeding program in Idaho in 1968 and released in 1978, Galena is a high alpha variety with increasingly popular aroma characteristics.
Aroma: include sweet fruits, pear, pineapple, blackcurrant, grapefruit, lime, gooseberry and spicy wood
Suggested Beer Styles - American Ales and Lagers but suitable for all beer styles.
Origin - USA
- Alpha Acid 13 - 15%
- Beta Acid 7.5 - 8.5%
- Co-humulone 34 - 39%
- Total Oil 1.3 - 2.1 mL/100g
- B-Pinene 0.4 - 0.7% of total oil
- Myrcene 40 - 50% of total oil
- Linalool 0.1 - 0.3% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 5 - 9% of total oil
- Farnesene < 1.0% of total oil
- Humulene 11 - 17% of total oil
- Geraniol 0.5 - 0.8% of total oil