The Cheesemaker's Apprentice: How to Make Your Own Handcrafted Cheese
Learn to make cheese from the masters. Pick up the fundamentals of cheese making, and then gain behind-the-scenes insight from 19 interviews with industry experts. This apprenticeship will teach you to take control of your ingredients and processes. Your results will be delicious.
· All the basics you need to get started: ingredients, equipment, taxonomy, techniques, process, and how it works
· 16 illustrated, step-by-step recipes—for fresh cheese, washed curd, grana-style, blue cheese, and more—that will build your skills
· In-depth interviews on everything from the microbiology of cheese to making it to selling it—how cheese works, and how to make it work for you
· Tricks of the trade from experts on mozzarella, Cheddar, Comté, Parmigiano Reggiano, Stilton, and more
· Tips on selecting, handling, storing, tasting, and pairing cheese, so it will be presented perfectly whether your goal is to make it at home, sell it, or simply enjoy it